An Epic Canmore Finish
How do you bring the ‘Challenge of a Lifetime’ and the highlight of your summer to a proper conclusion? With a great party of course!
Following the conclusion of the 2012 TransRockies, all participants are invited to join us at a catered banquet in Canmore at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Centre. This special evening will feature the awards ceremony, finishers’ ceremony, video presentation and entertainment afterwards. Friends, family and support crew are invited to attend as well, with additional tickets available for $50 per person.
You are encouraged to buy your tickets early, as this event normally sells out. Avoid disappointment by pre-ordering! Remember, registered participants do not need to pre-order – your tickets are included. Additional tickets can be added to your online registration.
TRANSROCKIES 2012 FINAL BANQUET MENU
- Rolls and Butter
- Romaine lettuce with traditional Caesar garnish
- Mixed mountain greens, house dressings
- Grainy mustard potato salad
- Grilled vegetable pasta salad
- Cherry tomato and cucumber salad
- Assorted pickles and olives
- Cumin citrus pork loin
- Oven roasted sea salt and herb chicken
- Pan fried Yukon gold potato
- Vegetable primavera baked pasta
- Maple glazed root vegetable
- Assorted cakes and pies
- House made squares
- Mousses, Jell-o
- Fresh fruit
- Hot bread pudding
After You Cross the Finish Line in Canmore
The TransRockies Finish Line is a legendary celebration. this is your opportunity to take some time to savor the moment and celebrate the accomplishment in Fernie. Once you are ready to get cleaned up for the Finisher’s Banquet, here are a few tips that will help you out:
- Remember to book your Canmore hotel accommodation for the night of the finish early, as availability is limited. See Accommodation Information Here.
- Book your airport transfers in advance of the race Here.
- After you finish Take leisurely cool-down roll 1,800 meters(just over a mile) to Blackstone Mountain Lodge.
- Your bike box and extra luggage will be available at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge.
- If you are staying at Blackstone, Mystic Ridge, Lodges at Canmore, or Fire Mountain Lodge, check-in at Blackstone, or if you are staying at the Radisson, it.sless than 800 m away (half mile) for check in.
- A bike wash is conveniently located at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge, should you want to wash your bike prior to packing it.
- For the rest of the afternoon, relax, pack up, and get ready for the final banquet. Stretch your legs and take a stroll down main street for last minute souvenirs.
- The Final Banquet is located at the Radisson Hotel and Conference centre, walking distance from all hots hotels.
It can be a little disorienting after a week of living on your bike and in your tent to be thrust back into the real world, but with a little preparation, your time at the Finish in Canmore can be very rewarding.